Congratulations to our new Everyday Heroes

Everyday Heroes Logo with the words: Celebrating OSD Employees

Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.

Here are our newest honorees:

Everyday Heroes
Cory Greene, Jeff Smith, Terry Holland, Darin Pfaff, Tim Ketter, Devin Guy, Todd Thornton, Luis Zapien, OSD Support Services

OSD Support Services saves the day again!

On Thursday, October 28, Washington Middle School had a large tree crash to the ground, blocking our entrance, thirty minutes before our students were released. The response from our Support Services department was amazing. After a panicked call to Frank Wilson, the following SS crew were on-site with chainsaws in hand: Cory Greene, Jeff Smith, Terry Holland, Darin Pfaff, Tim Ketter, Devin Guy, Todd Thornton, Luis Zapien. They were able to completely clear the area in time for our buses and parents to pick up students. They all truly saved the day!
Submitted by Paul Anders, Principal, Washington Middle School

Everyday Hero
Barbara Parker, Office Administrator, Hansen Elementary

Thank you, Barbara, for making new staff feel welcome at Hansen! As a new OSD employee I have lots of questions and Barbara always supports me with grace and patience. Barbara taught me how to navigate Skyward, order supplies and find my way around the school. In addition to being a rockstar at her job, Barbara has been a supportive and kind colleague throughout the challenges of this year; from new students to buses to supplies to connecting me with other staff… I know I can always count on her to steer me in the right direction.

Thank you.
Submitted by Hattie Osborne, teacher, Hansen Elementary

How to nominate an Everyday Hero

• Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (communications@osd.wednet.edu) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
  • Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
  • Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
  • Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
  • Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing. 

All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.