The School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program’s annual open enrollment began October 25, 2021 and ends Monday, November 22, 2021.
Open enrollment is your opportunity to make changes to your health plan benefits. Changes are effective January 1, 2022.
- What changes can you make? The SEBB Program’s annual open enrollment is your opportunity to:
- Change medical and dental plans.
- Add or remove dependents.
- Reattest to the spouse or state-registered domestic partner premium surcharge (SRDP) (if you received a letter asking you to reattest.)
- Enroll in the Medical FSA, Limited Purpose FSA (new for 2022), or DCAP through Navia Benefit Solutions.
- Consider your long-term disability insurance coverage (changes are coming for 2022).
- Waive your medical coverage if you are enrolled in other employer-based group medical, a TRICARE plan, or Medicare.
- Enroll in medical coverage if you previously waived.
- Learn more about the changes you can make on our open enrollment webpage and in the October Intercom
- How do I make changes? Log in to SEBB My Account.
Resources for open enrollment
SEBB is offering multiple ways to learn about benefits from the comfort of your home.
- Virtual benefits fairs – During open enrollment, you can learn more about your health plans and other insurance options by visiting the virtual benefits fair.
- ALEX – Help you understand your SEBB benefits and guide you through choosing your medical, dental, and vision plans. ALEX will suggest plans for you to consider, based on your responses to questions. Access ALEX at wa.gov/alex and within SEBB My Account.
- Webinars – Attend a webinar provided by our carriers and vendors. See the schedule.
- Facebook Live – Join us on HCA’s Facebook on Monday, November 2 at 4 p.m.
- Web content – Visit the SEBB Open enrollment
- Intercom newsletter – The newsletter includes information about the changes to benefits, what changes you can make during annual open enrollment and how to make them, monthly premiums, and more. Read the October Intercom. Note: Since the newsletter was released, there have been clarifications about Kaiser Permanente of Washington’s (KPWA) and KPWA Option’s networks that could affect your coverage. Read the announcement on HCA’s website to learn more.
- Need help? – Contact your benefits office.
Change to long-term disability insurance benefit
The employee-paid long-term disability (LTD) benefit will change starting January 1, 2022. You will automatically be enrolled in employee-paid LTD, if not already enrolled.
Note: Your long-term disability benefit is different from the state’s new long-term care benefit, which is called The WA Cares Fund. Long-term disability replaces a portion of your income due to accident, illness, or pregnancy. You can reduce or decline your employee-paid LTD coverage at any time. Long-term care pays for the cost of care when you need assistance with activities of daily living and is not currently part of your SEBB Program benefits.
The LTD benefit will offer a minimum 90-day benefit waiting period with two coverage level options. You will be automatically enrolled in the coverage level that covers 60 percent of the first $16,667 of your monthly predisability earnings. This has a maximum monthly benefit of $10,000.
You have the option to reduce your employee-paid LTD to a lower-cost 50-percent coverage level, with a maximum monthly benefit of $8,333. You also have the option to decline the coverage. If you reduce or decline the employee-paid benefit and later decide to enroll in or increase your coverage, you will need to provide evidence of insurability and be approved by Standard Insurance Company. You can reduce or decline your employee-paid LTD coverage at any time by logging into SEBB My Account. However, if you don’t reduce or decline your LTD benefit election by December 31 [or your payroll cutoff date], you will be enrolled in the 60-percent plan, and the premium will be deducted from your paycheck for January 2022 coverage.
If you have questions about your benefits or account, please contact your benefits office at email@example.com.