The Olympia School Board honored this year’s new and renewed National Board Certified Teachers during a special recognition at the start of the March 10 regular board meeting.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
- Jason Finney, Garfield Elementary School, Generalist/Middle Childhood
- Erica Kinsel, Olympia High School, World Languages/Early Adolescence Through Young Adulthood
- Hallie Meaney, Olympia High School, Mathematics/Adolescence and Young
- Chelsea Peterson, Olympia High School, English Language Arts/Early Adolescence
- Corrine Taiji, McLane Elementary School, School Counseling/Early Childhood Through Young Adulthood
- Danelle Wright, Washington Middle School/Mathematics/Early Adolescence
You must be logged in to post a comment.