The following was submitted by the Teaching & Learning Team and Human Resources Department
Olympia School District believes in supporting a Whole Child education as outlined in the vision of our six Student Outcomes within our District Improvement Plan. Similarly, we believe Whole Educator supports are important so that our classified, certificated and administrative educators are supported, engaged, healthy, safe and empowered to exercise learning courage.
Within the area of empowering paraeducators to exercise learning courage, we are working on increasing workshop offerings specific to the role of paraeducators. This is in support of the General Paraeducator Certificate.
Upcoming OSD workshop
- Schoology for Paraeducators
- March 29, 4-5 p.m. via Zoom
- One hour synchronous Zoom workshop to learn how you, as a paraeducator, can use Schoology to support student learning. During this hour we will navigate through the Schoology platform, navigate within Schoology courses and explore resources in Schoology groups.
- This course is facilitated by Sue Williams (Teaching & Learning Team) and Jamie Sproul (Technology Department)
Upcoming regional workshops
- Framework for Equity in Computer Science Video Lunch and Learn
- March 18, April 22, May 6, 12–1 p.m. via Zoom
- Join us to watch and reflect on four of the core components of the Framework for Equity in Computer Science from the Kapor Center. Participants will view a video panel discussion of each of the components. We will meet four Fridays beginning in March for our lunch discussion. We will meet weekly from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. on these dates.
- This course is facilitated by Shannon Thissen & Cherly Lydon (OSPI)
- WIDA eWorkshop: The WIDA Standards Framework: A Collaborative Approach
- This eWorkshop is designed to strengthen instructional practices that focus on language for learning using the WIDA English Language Development Standards Framework, 2020 Edition. There are six modules in this eWorkshop. Educators can use the six modules as shared professional development by going through the modules on the same weekly schedule and then meeting to discuss the topics of each module. There are discussion questions to support this approach. These modules provide self-paced learning and educators are free to engage at the pace that best fits their own needs and context.
- This course is overseen by Virginia Morales (OSPI).
You must be logged in to post a comment.