The following post is from the Teaching & Learning Team
Each year, our district provides opportunities to exercise learning courage as we launch into a new school year.
For the 2022-2023 school year, these professional growth opportunities will be planned by a Professional Growth Planning Committee that leverages multiple data points.
Opportunities to Participate
Your voice is important! Survey opportunities. By early next week, our annual certificated staff professional growth survey will be emailed directly to help inform planning forward. Please participate in this survey so we can learn from your perspective.
Professional Growth Planning Committee opportunity. If you’re interested in serving on a Planning Committee for Admin Retreat, Whole Child Institute, and/or the districtwide LID Days, please complete this RSVP form that closes on Monday, May 2.
Please Save the Date
Please save the date for the opportunities outlined below, which will provide opportunities for us to exercise learning courage individually and collectively.
Opportunities are listed in order of date. The planning committee will plan for all professional growth to take place in-person unless health authority guidance changes over the summer to cause a shift to virtual.
Administrative (Admin) Institute
- August 10-11 (full days) and August 12 (half day)
- Audience: District Leadership Team (all principals and district administrators)
- Information learned through the anonymous survey will help the Planning Committee. Superintendent’s Cabinet is open to innovative recommendations from the Planning Committee about continued learning beyond Admin Retreat based on trends.
Whole Child Institute
- August 17-18 (full days)
- Audience: All OSD Certificated Educators
- This is optional and will be designed by the Planning Committee, with a goal of communicating foundational logistics before going to summer vacation. Based on feedback from content and role-specific leadership teams so far, there’s a desire for customized pathways for learning, which will be informed by the upcoming certificated professional growth survey.
Districtwide LID Day
- Aug. 31 (full day)
- Audience: All OSD Employees
- This is a districtwide kickoff with a focus on kicking off our updated Strategic Plan and our school year.
Building LID Day
- Sept. 1 (full day) and Oct. 7 (full day)
- Audience: All OSD Educators
- This is a districtwide kickoff with learning onsite centered within development of and collaboration around the School Improvement Plan (SIP) in support of the student and educator success.
- Sept. 6 (full day)
- Audience: OEA Staff
- More information to follow. Current language is at the top of p. 97 in the current OEA-OSD Contract.
More information will follow in May and June as the planning task forces begin to meet and respond to the data that’s being collected through the certificated staff professional growth survey being launched in this communication. This content will also be messaged directly with fellow educators beginning next week.