Congratulations to each of the 2022 Olympia School District Employee Recognition Award winners, who will be honored at the Thursday, May 26 school board meeting.
The school board will recognize the winners at the start of the board meeting on Thursday, May 26 at 6 p.m. The meeting will be held in person and on Zoom. View meeting details and Zoom links.
This annual awards program is designed to recognize employees from throughout the district in several categories. All employees districtwide were invited to send in nominations, and a screening committee reviewed the entries and selected the winners.
The Champion of Differences
“Celebrates Diversity” – Any staff member who, by their actions, celebrates the values and differences of individual groups.
- Tagg Seyer, Speech Language Pathologist, Capital High School
“Changes Making a Difference” – Any staff member who demonstrates innovative strategies that significantly improve the district mission.”
- Conor Schober, Community Relations Coordinator, Communications and Community Relations Department
The Unsung Hero
“Goes the Extra Mile” – Any staff member who continually gets results with little or no fanfare.
- Nancy Swanson, Bilingual Family Engagement Specialist, Teaching & Learning/Family Welcome Center at Roosevelt Elementary School
“Supports Others” – Any staff member who plays a unique role in enabling others to excel.
- David Johnston, Graduation Specialist, Capital High School
The Dream Team:
“Above and Beyond” – Any group of staff members working together to help students succeed in or out of the classroom.
- Sarah Wernke’s DLC, Hansen Elementary
- Katie Savinski and Jennifer Cronquist, Instructional Coaches, Teaching & Learning
You must be logged in to post a comment.