The Olympia School Board is recruiting four Student Board Representatives for the 2022-23 school year.
The board is expanding student voice starting in the 2022-23 school year. Instead of having two student representatives on the board, there will be four – one junior or senior from Avanti, Capital, and Olympia high schools, and one eleventh or twelfth grader from Olympia Regional Learning Academy.
Students will serve from the time they take their oath on June 23, 2022 until June 30, 2023.
If you know a student who will be a junior or senior in fall 2022 and is interested in being a student board representative, please encourage them to fill out and submit the online application. The deadline to submit this application is 11 p.m. on Sunday, June 12, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Emmie San Nicolas at email@example.com, or call (360) 596-6114.
For more information about the eligibility and requirements for serving as a student representative, please visit the Student Representatives webpage.
Below is the Student Representative 2022-23 Selection Timeline:
- June 2 – 12: Applications accepted
- June 12: Application deadline: 11 p.m.
- June 13: Application screening
- June 16: Student interviews; reference check
- June 17: Final selection; Students notified
- June 23: Swearing in New Student Board Representatives @ 6:30 p.m. Board Meeting
- TBD: New Student Board Representative onboarding