The Education Foundation is looking for new members to serve on its Board of Trustees. The Foundation has posted the following on its website:
This is an exciting time to join, with many efforts under way intended to further strengthen our organization, programs and fundraising.
We are committed to including all voices from our community to better inform, improve and enrich the programs and services we offer, including our:
- Principal’s Emergency Fund, which supports students who have urgent basic needs.
- Teaching & Learning Grants, which enhance student learning, address opportunity gaps, and meet needs that the District and individual schools cannot.
- Mental Health Initiative, which provides resources intended to improve student mental health.
We have identified our highest priorities for new members as:
- Individuals who have the time, energy and passion to dive right in and would welcome the opportunity to eventually take on a Board leadership role.
- People with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences that reflect our mission to empower every student.
- People who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color, and/or are multilingual.
- Individuals with a professional background in mental health, marketing and nonprofits.
- Those who are LGBTQIAA+.
- People who are living in or have experienced poverty.
- High school students who are or will be enrolled in the Olympia School District for the 2022-2023 school year.
Help us get to know you by completing our Volunteer Form. (If you need it in an alternative format, contact email@example.com or 360.596.6110.) We will consider applications on a rolling basis and interview final candidates this summer.
We plan to offer opportunities to serve on issue-specific advisory committees and will announce those details in the coming months. We are always looking for people who would like to help with our fund-raising events (Aug. 26 golf tournament and Oct. 7 breakfast event) or in the office. Use the same Volunteer Form and tell us you’d like to help with these activities.
Need more information before applying? Don’t hesitate to contact Executive Director Katy Johansson at firstname.lastname@example.org.