The nonprofit Olympia School District Education Foundation is now accepting Grant Requests from staff who work directly with students for the 2022-23 school year. Please note the following changes submitted by the Foundation, most of which are meant to make the application process more efficient:
- All Grant Requests must be made using a Google Form, which can be found on the Foundation website at www.osdef.org/grants; we will no longer accept requests made in Word.
- Applicants no longer need to select a category unless they are applying for:
- A Browsers Bookshop grant for a classroom or school library. Browsers generously provides 10 grants, each in the amount of $500, for the procurement of books. Books must be purchased through Browsers, which offers a 20 percent discount for educators.
- An SEL/Mental Health Grant (see below).
- SEL/Mental Health Grants (formerly Mental Health Initiative Grants) will support counselors, social workers, behavior technicians and restorative justice centers by funding materials and the development of programs that specifically address social/emotional learning and mental health.
To be considered during the first of four application periods during the school year:
- Grant Requests must be submitted by 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23. Applicants will be notified by no later than Oct. 18 of the status of their request. (Key dates for all application periods are posted on the website.)
- You must have submitted a complete Post-Grant Report for any previous grants awarded.
The Foundation encourages requests earlier in the school year to help ensure all monies can be spent before the end of the fiscal year, Aug. 31, 2023.
Questions? Contact Executive Director Katy Johansson at (360) 596-6110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.