Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
I would like to recognize those in Transportation working so hard at getting special education routes set up. From what I experienced, the pickup and drop-off times were communicated to families in record time before the start of this year. One parent I spoke to was pleasantly surprised at being notified in a timely fashion before the start of the year. It’s great to see happy, smiling drivers and monitors too!
As we all know, a well-organized and staffed transportation system is a critical element to smooth school operations, so thank you!
Submitted by Denise Hammer, Social Services Coordinator, Boston Harbor and Madison elementary schools
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.