Need support for a project that your building does not have the budget for? Consider the nonprofit Olympia School District Education Foundation, which accepts Grant Requests in any amount up to $2,000. Application period 1 requests are due by 5 p.m. Friday, September 23.
Please note the following changes, most of which are meant to make the application process more efficient:
- All Grant Requests must be made using the Google Form found on our website at www.osdef.org/grants; we will no longer accept requests made in Word.
- Applicants no longer need to select a category unless they are applying for:
- A Browsers Bookshop grant for a classroom or school library. Browsers generously provides 10 grants, each in the amount of $500, for the procurement of books. Books must be purchased through Browsers, which offers a 20 percent discount for educators.
- An SEL/Mental Health Grant (see below).
- SEL/Mental Health Grants (formerly Mental Health Initiative Grants) will support counselors, social workers, behavior technicians, and restorative justice centers by funding materials and the development of programs that specifically address social/emotional learning and mental health.
Applicants who apply during the period 1 will be notified of their request’s status by no later than Oct. 18.
The Foundation encourages requests earlier in the school year to help ensure all monies can be spent before the end of the fiscal year, Aug. 31, 2023. However, there are three other due dates if you don’t have time to submit by this Friday: Nov. 18, Feb. 17, and April 21.
Questions? Contact Executive Director Katy Johansson at (360) 596-6110 or email@example.com.