Congrats to our newest Everyday Hero

Everyday Heroes Logo with the words: Celebrating OSD Employees

Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.

Here is our newest honoree:

Everyday Hero
Brandy Geyer, Administrative Assistant, Student Support

Brandy is a rock(star) for the Special Ed team. Despite my manic phone calls about phantoms stealing my paperwork, Brandy earnestly searches for — and often finds — solutions. She does this with calmness and without assigning blame or contributing to the errors. I am grateful for her patience with me in my most stressed moments.  

Her organization, preparation, and thorough knowledge save the day over and over. Because she is so on top of it, she is by a wide margin the source at the district I (and other special ed teachers around) turn to the most often for answers regarding policy, changes, and what is going on.  She makes molehills out of mountains.  

Thanks, Brandy!
Submitted by Michael Kelly, Teacher, Thurgood Marshall Middle School

How to nominate an Everyday Hero

• Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (communications@osd.wednet.edu) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
  • Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
  • Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
  • Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
  • Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.

All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.