Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Nancy Swanson, Bilingual Family Engagement Specialist, Bilingual Migrant Education Program Recruiter, Bilingual Housing Stability Screener
Thank you so much for always being willing to go above and beyond helping our bilingual families. We can see that the students adore you and see you as a strong educational resource in our community. We appreciate your willingness to do more than the job requires including chaperoning the Latinx Youth Summit and translating at our evening FAFSA night. You help us and our students SO much and we appreciate your dedication to getting our students equal opportunities!
Submitted by Nicole Sande, Jenny Morgan, Joel Komschlies, and Stephanie Benfield, Capital HS Counselors
LP Brown Staff
This shout-out, while a little unconventional, is intended to recognize a high-performing team in the Olympia School District. LP Brown Staff, you are my absolute heroes. Every day, every single one of you comes to school looking for ways to improve outcomes for our students. You implement new materials and techniques with an open mind and positive attitude, knowing that your job is to ensure student success. You collect data, monitor progress, and meet regularly to reflect upon the results you receive from students. You are continuously making adjustments to what you are doing to better support the students you serve. I am so proud to be an Eagle with all of you! Here is to many more years together!
Submitted by Sean Shaughnessy, Principal, LP Brown Elementary School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.