Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Support Services and Transportation Department Staff
On behalf of the OSD Teaching & Learning Department (and educators districtwide) we would like to thank a few fantastic individuals from the Support Services and Transportation Departments.
In late November 2022, we reinitiated a project to reorganize and restructure the Instructional Materials and Surplus warehouse spaces, but we needed a team since it is such an extensive undertaking. Anyone who has walked through the warehouse over the last few years knows this space requires a lot of attention.
Frank Wilson and Paul Sierra asked their teams who wanted to help and Lisa Hall, Ricky Wells and Lucas Rasmussen raised their hands to assist. They put in a ton of effort and just went above and beyond over the last couple of weeks. Thank you Support Services, Lisa, Ricky, Lucas, Paul and Frank for your continued project support and partnership with our department. Classrooms around the district are already happier because requests for classroom materials are now getting processed. You are greatly appreciated!
Submitted by Inger Owen, Ryan Howland and the OSD Teaching & Learning Team
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.