Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Rebecca Rutzick, Art Teacher, Pioneer Elementary
I want to recognize Rebecca Rutzick for her advocacy in creating a disability awareness day at Pioneer. There are so many activities that happen in a school year, it’s easy for things to be forgotten. Rebecca made sure that didn’t happen to this day. In spite of her very busy schedule, she coordinated all the details: gathering resources, sending sign-up lists, and finalizing dates.
Thanks to Rebecca’s dedication, disability awareness discussions happened in every classroom. We read books and shared information. Students asked thoughtful questions and talked about ways to be an ally if they do not have a disability themselves. For a fun final activity, kids got to explore an assistive communication app to learn more about all types of communication. Thank you, Rebecca, for making this important day possible!
Submitted by Erin Erbele, DLC teacher, Pioneer Elementary
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.
You must be logged in to post a comment.