The school board recognized this year’s Employee Recognition Award winners at a special recognition event on Thursday, May 25.
This annual awards program is designed to recognize employees from throughout the district in several categories. All employees districtwide were invited to send in nominations, and a screening committee reviewed the entries and selected the winners.
The Champion of Differences
“Celebrates Diversity” – Any staff member who, by their actions, celebrates the values and differences of individual groups.
- Deborah Nied, ELA Teacher, Reeves Middle School
“Changes Making a Difference” – Any staff member who demonstrates innovative strategies that significantly improve the district mission.”
- Travis King, Behavior Tech Paraeducator, Centennial Elementary School
The Unsung Hero
“Goes the Extra Mile” – Any staff member who continually gets results with little or no fanfare.
- Matt Grant, Principal, Olympia High School
- Emmie San Nicolas, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
“Supports Others” – Any staff member who plays a unique role in enabling others to excel.
- Betsy Durant, Administrative Professional, Jefferson Middle School
The Dream Team
“Above and Beyond” – Any group of staff members working together to help students succeed in or out of the classroom.
- OSD Teacher-Librarians
You must be logged in to post a comment.