Thurston County residents interested in voting in the August 1, 2023 Primary Election may register to vote online by July 24 and in person through Election Day.
- July 24, 2023: The last day to register to vote or update your current registration by any means (other than in person). The information must be received by an election official by this day.
- August 1, 2023: You may register to vote or update your current registration in person only up to 8 p.m. on Election Day at any county Auditor’s Office, voting center or any other designated location.
Register to Vote
It’s easy and secure to register online, by mail with a paper form, or at a county elections office. Check your registration at VoteWA.gov.
Qualifications for Registering to Vote
To register to vote in the state of Washington, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Washington state for at least 30 days prior to election day
- At least 18 years old
- If you are 16 or 17, you can sign up as a Future Voter and be automatically registered to vote when you qualify
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order
- Not currently serving a sentence of total confinement in prison under the jurisdiction of the Department of Corrections for a Washington felony conviction
- Not currently incarcerated for a federal or out-of-state felony conviction
Olympia School Board Candidates
There are three Olympia School Board seats up for election in the November 7, 2023 General Election. More than two people have filed for each of the three OSD board seats and will appear on the August 1, 2023 Primary Election ballot (the top two vote-getters for each position on the ballot in this Primary Election will advance to the November General Election). Candidates for each seat are listed below in the order they will appear on the Thurston County Elections ballot:
- District 1: The three candidates currently vying for the District 1 position are Maria Flores, Andrew Flojo and Talauna Reed. The seat is currently held by Director Maria Flores.
- District 2: The four candidates currently vying for the District 2 position are Frank Durocher, Matthew Kaphan, Jess Tourtellotte-Palumbo and Graham Hatch. The seat is currently held by Director Talauna Reed, who was appointed to the position in October 2022. Reed recently moved to District 1.
- District 4: The three candidates vying for the District 4 position are Leslie Van Leishout, Teresa Staal-Cowley and Hilary Seidel. The seat is currently held by Director Hilary Seidel.
Voters’ pamphlets will be mailed on July 5, and election ballots will be mailed on July 12.
You must be logged in to post a comment.