Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Theresa Jones, Grounds Crew, Capital High and Jefferson Middle schools
Theresa Is part of our Grounds staff and has been taking care of the grounds at Capital High School and Jefferson Middle School. Theresa does a stellar job keeping these sites looking beautiful for the staff and students to enjoy! She goes above and beyond tackling things like the famous “blackberry hill” by the baseball fields at Capital High School.
The Support Service Center office recently received a call from a community member who said, “the Capital High School campus has never looked so good.”
As one of our senior Teamster members here at the Olympia School District, she sets a great example for everyone and shows true dedication to our district with her hard work. She does this rain or shine and always with a smile.
Submitted by Paul Sierra, Maintenance and Grounds Supervisor, Support Service Center
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.