Thank you to all who continue to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Remember to give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are the latest honorees:
Jackie Maycumber, Paraeducator at Madison Elementary School
“Thanks to Jackie Maycumber, a paraeducator at Madison Elementary. Jackie is always willing to pitch in and help with whatever needs doing. Whether it is supervising students at recess, teaching struggling readers, or greeting parents after school, Jackie is willing to help with a smile. And most importantly, Jackie is kind. If a staff member has a rough day, Jackie will notice and listen and share some encouragement. Thank you, Jackie, for all that you do to make Madison a great place to be.”
Submitted by: Lisa Estcourt
Todd Fulton, Counselor at Marshall Middle School
“Thank you, Todd Fulton, for all you do to support ALL of our students. You have such a genuine connection with our students and you are the front line for so many of the challenges they face in and out of school. It is a pleasure working with you every single day, and I appreciate and envy your dedication, humility, and sense of humor.”
Submitted by: Eric Durbin
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
The process is simple:
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write Everyday Heroes in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog and archived each week.
We can’t wait to hear about all of our Everyday Heroes, because we know that every day our bus drivers, child nutrition staff, custodial employees, teachers, paraeducators, school and district office staff, and others are doing amazing work on behalf of students.