The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has updated the income-tax withholding tables for 2018 to reflect changes made by the new tax law. OSD payroll systems have been updated to reflect the new rates for employers to use during the 2018 tax year. You will see this change on your February paycheck, and you can view the new tax table here https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf.
Employees do not need to do anything at this time. If you are wanting to complete a new W4 form, the IRS has not released a new 2018 W4 form. You can still complete a 2017 W4 form if you would like to make any changes to your withholdings.
Questions about this new IRS withholding table may be emailed to the Payroll Office at Helpfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8:30 a.m. – Returning to work after retirement
- 11 a.m. – Getting ready for retirement (within two years)
- 1 p.m. – Distributions from Plan 3 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 8:30 a.m. – Plan 2 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 11:30 a.m. – Plan 3 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 3:30 p.m. – Applying for retirement (a tutorial for the online application)
- 8:30 a.m. – Benefit payment options
- 2:30 p.m. – Washington State Deferred Compensation Program
- 4 p.m. – Plan choice (PERS, SERS, TRS)
Employees who want to enroll in the Section 125 Plan may do so from December 18-31. The Section 125 Plan allows employees to deduct the cost of eligible benefits from gross earnings before taxes.
Employees may schedule a short, one-on-one appointment to review all available benefits. Sign up for your enrollment appointment and learn more about available benefits at the American Fidelity benefits website.
Annual retirement statements for the 2016-17 school year are available online for Olympia School District employees.
To view your 2016-17 annual retirement statement, log in to your Online Account on the Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) website. We encourage you to review your annual statement, which shows your service credit and defined benefit contributions.
To view your annual retirement statement:
- Go to your Online Account
- Log in if you’re a current user ,or follow the easy sign-up instructions.
A reminder that Open Enrollment ends on Friday, September 29, 2017.
Be sure to sign on to the online benefit resource portal UPoint on the school district website. The Washington Education Association (WEA) is offering Aetna and UnitedHealthcare medical plans, and there will be one Kaiser Permanente medical plan. Open Enrollment information is posted on the Benefits Web page.
Need help signing up for benefits?
The Payroll department is hosting open labs with staff onsite to assist you with researching and signing up for your benefits. You do not need to preregister for these sessions. The final two Open Labs will take place at the Knox Administrative Center on:
- September 28: 3-6 p.m. Room 308
- September 29: 3-6 p.m. Room 308